Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reading Log Post #3

Hello!  I have finished the harry POtter series yet again, and have begun the book Catching Fire, from the Hunger Games series.  I read the first one a while back.  Do not expect me to reread it anytime soon.

Book: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages:1-116

Icon: Details!!

Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games, in which she mananged to save both her life and also save a boy named Peeta, who had come with her from District 12.  She is about to travel on the Victory Tour, but is comepletely unwilling to do so.  On top of that, President Snow has threatened the life of her family members and her best friend and his family as well.

1:"If it were up to me, I would try to forget the Hunger Games entirely.  Never speak of them.  Pretend they were nothing but a bad dream.  But the Victory Tour makes that impossible."
2:"Now I've endangered Gale and his family and my family and Peeta, too, by my carelessness."

Katniss doesn't want to remember the Hunger Games because they remind her of  all the death that occurred during that time.  President Snow is threataning Katniss's family and friends because he believed that she is the cause for the uprisings in the other districts, and that she is also defying the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment