Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reading Log #9

I'm back from 6th grade camp!  I really enjoyed going back to camp, and it was fun being a counselor.   Anyhow, I missed this blog, and all of it's sarcasm.  I finally finished Angel and I'm starting a new book called MiddleWorld: The Jaguar Stones.  This book was given to me by my wonderful friend, Cabrell (visit her blog!), so thanks and enjoy the post!

Book: MiddleWorld: The Jaguar Stones
Author: J&P Voelkel (Jon and Pamela)
Pages: 1-132
Icon: Details!!!!

The main protaganist in this book is Max (short for Massimo) Murphy. His parents are Frank and Carla Murphy, who are famous Maya archeologists.  He resents them, because thay are always too busy for him.  Max is a red-headed, videogaming, picky-eating 14-yesr old boy that has a temper.  He never really paid attention to his parents rants about the Maya, and so when they cancel the family trip to Italy, Max is furious.  He turns out to be a whining couch potato, only really capable of playing video games.  And that's just by my standard opinion of him.  However, this is only the start of the book, so I can't really be sure.

Evidence:

"'You're the worst parents in the world!' he said.  'You've missed every performance of the school band!  You promised that you'd come to the end-of-year concert!  I've been rehearsing for weeks....'" (Voelkel, 28)

Yep.  That's the first you'll hear from this book.  This is last week's reading log, and the next post will be for the second half of last week.  These will not be for this week!

3 comments:

  1. 14-year old, sorry for that mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can edit your post.
    P.S. Thanks for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put for Week of this date - this date to make it easier to know when it's for.

    ReplyDelete