Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reading Log Post #2

Listening to FeintDnb while I'm typing~
Book: The Last Olympian
Author: Rick Riordan
Pages: 1-143
Icon: Ethics

Ah, the good and bad sides of Percy's family.  We all love them (we kind of have to) and we all have our moments when we get seriously pissed off at them.  For example....

"'Indeed," Hades agreed.  'I'd love to kill him.'" (Riordan, 123) (FYI in this scene Percy is getting pwned)
and then
"He was immortal.  There was no way I could kill him, but gods can be wounded.  I knew that firsthand, and I figured a sword in the face wouldn't feel too good." (Riordan, 138) (FYI in this scence Hades is getting pwned)

There are moments when the gods get on your nerves; I didn't like it when they all tried to kill Percy.  But then there are the moments when you've got to love the gods too, like whenever Percy totally beats the crap out of them.  The gods are also extremely helpful to Percy (they can be) and will give their kids freaking awesome powers, like being able to control the sea, or being able to have extreme knowledge.  On the other hand, gods can be very easy to tick off, so they kill to get their revenge....

I don't know, it all depends on your point of view!  This is just how I compare them!

1 comment: