Monday, February 27, 2012

Reading Log Post #1

It's draft #1 for March.  And because I've been to lazy to check the post numbers.  Yup, I've been listening to FeintDnb.  And sorry about my absence/lack of posting last week, I was busy with my other classes.  Also, I don't know if I've mentionsed this before, but there is this really awesome book website I go on constantly called Goodreads.  The membership is free and the site's a ton of fun.  Google it sometime and check it out.

Book:  Hunger Games (book assignment)
Author:  Susan Collins
Pages:  1-171
Icon: Details

So far in the Hunger Games, Katniss, the main character, has been plucked out of her home in District 12, dragged across the country to the Capitol, beatufied and then finally chucked into the arena that will be her home for the Hunger Games.  The arena appears(no, sounds like, since it's not exactly a visual book) as a forest surrounding the Golden Cornucopia, the center of the Games.  It's a lush, woodland forest full of beauty, mystery and death.  Of course there's death; it's the Hunger Games, who doesn't love a bloodbath (me)?  In the forest there is life as well as death.  Rabbits and birds for hunting, which just so happens to be Katniss' specialty, water for drinking (though Katniss had trouble finding any at first) and basically anything needed for survival in the forest.

Who's ready for the Hunger Games movie????

No comments:

Post a Comment