Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reading Log Post #2

Alright, second post within the hour!  This is also for last week, and for those of you who really like reading that don't have an account on this website, I suggest you visit the link I'm going to add to this post! It's great!

Goodreads link: www.goodreads.com

Book: Flowers for Algernon
Pages: 221-231 (it's part of a textbook, cut me some slack.  I work enough when I have to analyze and connect to it.)
Icon: Lips icon (dunno it's proper name.  Ha, irony in the face.)

This story is about a man named Charlie Gordon, a man of low intelligence.  He has just had an operation that is supposed to raise his intelligence three times its original number.  You can see that the operation is working throughout the story as you watch his vocabulary and grammar improve greatly.  Originally Charlie would spell "operation" as "operashun", and then after the alter to his brain, he spelled corectly.  And then  for the word "I.Q.", he spelled it (or, more really, wrote it) "eye-q" and then, after the operation, spelled it correctly.

You all can expect this week's posts tomorrow.  Sorry, but there's stuff I gotta do; I hope you enjoy th posts and keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment